There’s been a price to pay for this week’s warm weather, including a recording-setting high Thursday: water – and lots of it.
Ottawa police issued a release early Friday morning warning resident of flooding in several areas across the city.
tap here to see other videos from our team.
Getting around: Several roads closed due to flooding Back to video
Several roads have been closed or have been reduced down to one lane.
- Thomas Argue – Closed from March Rd. to Donald B. Munro Dr.
- Donald B. Munro Drive – Closed from Carp Rd. to Old Coach Rd.
- Farmland Road – Closed from Craig’s Side Rd. to Donald B. Munro Dr.
- Craig’s Side Road – Closed from Donald B. Munro Dr. to Carp Rd.
- Donald B. Munro Drive – Closed from Grant’s Side Rd. to Carry Side Rd.
- Grant’s Side Road – Closed from Donald B. Munro Dr. to John Shaw Rd.
- Ritchie Side Road – Closed from Walter Bradley Rd. to Ivy Acres Rd.
- Donnelly Drive at Malakoff Rd. (reduced to one lane)
- Ottawa Road 29, north of Galetta Side Rd. (reduced to one lane)
Police are unsure how long closures will remain in place.
Local access is still possible.
Friday’s high is forecast to reach 5 C and there’s a 60 per cent chance of rain later this afternoon.
And don’t leave anything in puddles or deep water – tonight’s low is going down to -11 C.
This content was originally published here.